Wednesday 25 September 2013

Less is often more...

Simplicity is one of my favourite attributes in a poem. Now whilst saying this, I am a sucker for a new word and i do love some elaborate language at times, but this doesnt draw away from the fact that a simple piece of rhyming prose with virtually no concrete structure can often be lyrical and beautiful. My example here is rather drab in comparison to many i have read but everyone should give it a go; it is fun and rewarding!!



The One
Difficult, hard to get by, but I went on and lived the lie, happiness that never really did, encompass, overcome the things I hid, the fight for position, the feeble attempts to be, what they all were, anything but me, to find love, have that girl, that I knew would, make me everything I thought I should, be, the he, the man, the lad, the guy, to try and try to be the lie, naughty boys with naughty toys, children making lots of noise, joys and tears, hiding fears, teacher’s pet that rarely ate, the girl that never showed her face, the boys the girls never embraced, the kids that fought and sought out weakness, the kids that felt the lonely bleakness, every child that hated maths, replaced it with some drunken laughs, “get out get out, behave yourself”, money doesn’t depict wealth, you do your best, but you have fun, cose all your life you’re on the run, hiding from the school you hate, but knowing that’s where you relate, the street you lived on you adore, the guys you meet that you abhor, never grow up, always be foolish, your stupid if you think you should, you’ll never do what’s said you could, just be a person, listen, live, give and take, and try to make, yourself happy, be all you’ll be, be what you are, and then you’ll see, another you, that might pull through, and make it out, and others too, I’ll find you all, just living life, the fun and strife, husband and wife, in this mad world, there’s nothing better, remember, let her, or let him, be all he can, so he might win, the game we play, from day to day, and on and on, you are the one.

No comments:

Post a Comment